The Paris War Memorial is located beside the Nith River.
An unveiling and dedication ceremony was conducted at the memorial on November 11th, 1930. The memorial was unveiled by Mrs. R. Baldwin, mother of Nursing Sister Dorothy Baldwin. A dedicatory address was made by Lt.-Col. the Ven. Archdeacon F. G. Scott, D.S.O. (Canon Scott). Bands of the 10th Brant Dragoons and the 1st Dufferin Rifles assisted in the service. The memorial was designed and built by the Hunter Granite Works, Simcoe, Ontario. It is inscribed: 1914 – 1918 / TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND TO THE MEMORY OF THE MEN AND WOMEN OF PARIS WHO FELL AND IN HONOUR OF THOSE WHO SERVED IN THE GREAT WAR.
The original monument included lamps styled as flames on the posts at either side of the central Cross. An outer pair of monuments were added at a later date in honour of the Paris men who fell in the Second World War.
Click any image below for a larger view. Rollover the image to reveal the navigation arrows or use your LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys to navigate between images.